2A. Website (Design)
2A. Website (SEO)
8 major Google organic ranking signals (from most to least effective)
1. Backlinks / Link score
2. Anchor text relevance
3. Content / Title tag
4. Content / Content length
5. Content / Comprehensiveness (usage of relevant keywords and key phrases)
6. Technical SEO / Page speed
7. Technical SEO / Mobile friendliness
8. User Experience / Click through rate
SEO Checklist (see here as well)
1. Tracking Codes: Add all tracking codes first in the SEO audit checklist.
2. Robots.txt: t is a file used by crawlers to index or non-index pages based on the allow and disallow feature. All secured and non-indexable pages should be blocked.
3. Meta Tags
4. Keyword Research: Keyword research is a very important step of SEO audit checklist, but including it in the meta tags according to recent updates is not essential. Only put 1-2 keywords in the meta tags.
6. Keyword Density: It refers to the occurrence of a number of words per article and should be maintained around 2-3%.
7. Anchor Text & Internal Linking Optimization: It is a text that is hyperlinked to another page on the website. It should be descriptive enough as it contributes in the relevancy. Internal linking optimization should be relevant including target keywords and point to pages optimized for it to increase the reach of the post or page.
8. Broken Links: It gives 404 errors as the page or image has been deleted, so should be fixed by permanent redirection as it gives an error of page not found and not good for user experience. So, should be fixed on priority in the SEO checklist.
9. Image – ALT tags: It should be used to describe images containing main keywords. The size of images should be less than 100 KB.
10. Heading Tags (H1 /H2 /H3): There are 6 heading tags in HTML by which H1, H2 & H3 are very important from SEO perspective. H1 is used for main heading, H2 for sub-heading & H3 for normal text.
11. Speed Test: Website should open in less than 5 seconds. If it doesn't, minify css & js scripts.
12. Mobile Friendly Site: Website should be mobile friendly to be ranked high for the increasing number of mobile users day by day. So, optimize mobile site separately.
13. Include a Sitemap: Sitemaps help search engines find and classify content on your site that they may not have found on their own. They also provide updates to search engines about changes and additions to your website that will allow search engines to index your pages quicker.
14. Generate Powerful Backlinks:
Other helpful articles
2C. Local Search
3A. Chat Widgets
3B. Marketing Automation