Here's the scenario: A real estate agent website visitor is greeted by a chat box on the bottom right of the screen. It says, "Hi, I'm Laurie! Are you interested in buying or selling a home today?" At the same time, the real estate agent's computer sounds a chime, notifying them that their website has a visitor.
Just like a real store, a proactive conversation can be automatically started, with the sales process fully in play.
Real estate agents understand what many business owners do not: many websites unintentionally turn away potential clients by lacking direct, real-time, human interaction.
That's a problem, because studies have shown that:
- Between 26-70% of those who arrive on a site will leave without visiting a second page (aka "Bounce Rate").
- 55% of visitors spend fewer than 15 seconds on a website.
- 83% of those visiting a website need some kind of customer support when making an online purchase.
- 44% of online consumers say that having their questions answered by someone in real time, while making an online purchase, is an important feature.
- 38% of respondents said they made a purchase because of a website chat session.
- 63% of website visitors say they are more likely to return to a website with live chat capabilities.
- 55% of customers abandon an online transaction if their questions or concerns are not addressed quickly.
Online chat can also accelerate your ability to achieve several business goals, including improved conversions, higher purchase rates, reduced cart abandonment and heightened customer satisfaction.
Live chat redefines effective online customer communication. It surpasses the responsiveness of email and phone support by providing the immediate support customers need, exactly when they need it in a familiar, convenient and secure way.